Parents of School Aged Children
- Parents who both work in the private sector requiring one of the parents to stay at home to take care of school-aged children will get a salary of €800 per month (provided that they cannot carry out their functions through teleworking arrangements)
- This measure also applies for single parent families
- Persons with Disability who work in the private sector and are duly registered with Jobsplus, may opt to stay home for health and safety reasons and will be entitled to a benefit of €800 per month
- Employees who had their full-time employment terminated as of 9th March 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic will be eligible for an unemployment benefit of up to €800 monthly.
- Government will increase rent subsidies for individuals who have their job terminated.
Employment of Third Country Nationals
- No new third country national applications will be received from now on except for applications related to highly qualified persons.
- Companies who terminate an active employment contract shall be denied the possibility of recruiting other third country nationals.
- Jobsplus will assist Third Country Nationals living in Malta to find an alternative job should their employment be terminated.
Application forms for the schemes will be accessible through the website: https://socialsecurity.gov.mt